As per Bhutan’s Tourism Policy, all tours to the country are in form of pre-planned, pre-paid guided package tours for which tariff is set by Tourism Council of Bhutan that includes services of accommodation in 3 star hotels, surface transport, guide, meals, entrances, sustainable development fee & taxes. Supplement price is applicable for 4, 5 star and luxury hotels. Independent travel is not possible, and tours need to be booked in advance through local Bhutanese tour operator like us who take care of all ground arrangements including visa. There is no restriction on number of persons travelling and even single person is welcomed.
Important points to note.
Ensuring your journey to the kingdom is as smooth as possible.
Except Indians, Bangladeshis and Maldives nationals, all other nationalities require visa for Bhutan. In order to process Bhutan visa, we need colour copy of passport (page containing passport no. and face picture in JPEG or PDF format) at least 30 days prior to date of entry into Bhutan. Remaining validity of passport should be at least 6 months from the date of entry into Bhutan (excluding the travelling month). Tourism Council of Bhutan & Immigration Department issue visa reference letter closer to travelling date which we email you or your local travel agent. Travellers are required to produce aforesaid paper visa reference copy at the time of check-in for Bhutan flight while those entering Bhutan by surface via Phuentsholing, Samdrup Jonkhar or Gelephu, they are required to produce this Visa Clearance letter at the Immigration counter. Actual visa is stamped on passport on arrival in Bhutan. Visa fee is US$ 40 and to be paid along with tour cost.
High Season Tariff
For (March, April, May, September, October and November) US$ 250 per person per night
Low Season Tariff
For (June, July, August, December, January and February) US$ 200 per person per night
Both the above rates are applicable for cultural tours, treks or any other special interest tours.
A minimum of 3 star accommodation (4 & 5 star require an additional premium).
All meals (breakfast, Lunch and Dinner)
A licensed English speaking Bhutanese tour guide for the extent of your stay (supplement applicable for other language speaking guides)
All internal transport (excluding internal flights)
Camping equipment and haulage for trekking tours
All internal taxes and charges
A sustainable tourism Royalty of US$65 per person per night. This Royalty goes towards free education, free healthcare, Poverty alleviation, along with the building of infrastructure.
Sightseeing as per itinerary
Entrance fees to the monuments
Airfares and Airport Taxes
Insurance of any kind
Expenses of personal nature such as tipping, laundry, Telephone/fax calls, camera/video fees etc.
Any expenses incurred in emergency evacuation due any reason (Please get insurance coverage for such expenses)
Individual tourists and smaller groups of less than three persons shall be subject to surcharges, over and above the minimum daily rates applicable, as follows:
- Single individual, US$ 40 per night
- Group of 2 persons, US$ 30 per person per night
- Surcharges not applicable for group of 3 persons or more
- Supplement applicable in case of accommodation on single occupancy
* There shall be no charge other than visa fee of US$ 40 for children below the age of 5 years.
- Children between the ages of 5-12 years shall be given 50% discount on daily applicable sustainable development fee (royalty), currently set at US$ 65.
- Full time students below the age of 25 years, holding valid identity cards from their academic institutions, shall be given 25% discount on minimum daily package rate.
- A group size discount of 50% on minimum daily package shall be given to one person in a group of 11 people. 100% discount shall be given to one member in a group exceeding 16 persons.
- A 50% duration discount on sustainable development fee shall be provided after the 8th night and 100% discount on sustainable development fee shall be provided after 14th night.
- 100% Sustainable Development Fee Free Zone discount shall be provided on Sustainable Development Fee on first and/or last night for groups with night halt in Phuentsholing, Sarpang and Samdrup Jongkhar on Arrival and/or Departure
** Please note children below 5 years will not be eligible for group size discounts, duration discounts and sustainable development fee free zone discount and all children and students will not be eligible for duration discounts.
Tour programs booked and subsequently cancelled are subject to following cancellation charges:
(a). Within 45 days of the start of the tour program: No charges
(b). Within 30 days: 10% of the package cost
(c) . Within 21 days: 15% of the package cost
(d). Within 14 days: 50% of the package cost
(e). Cancellation without notice or after arrival in Bhutan: 100% of the package cost
** For 4*, 5* and luxury accommodation establishments, there is different cancellation policy and that varies from hotel to hotel. The travellers are suggested to check with us cancellation policy of such hotels, prior to booking.
All tours to Bhutan are on pre-payment basis and while processing visas full tour payment needs to be deposited with Tourism Council of Bhutan. On confirmation of tour, we shall be forwarding invoice along with bank details and the tour payment is to be remitted in bank details mentioned in invoice. Also, the bank remittance copy shall be emailed to us for necessary follow up with Bhutan bank locally.